Maintenance & Repair
Students must acquire knowledge of the latest theory and troubleshooting tactics in order to properly maintain and service office laser printers. Approximately 10% of A+ Certification exam questions focus on this critical technology.
. Acquire basic knowledge, diagram, identify, and explain typical elements of PC laser printer technology
. Partially disassemble and reassemble a typical laser printer. Demonstrate proper safety precautions when working with PC laser printers
. Master proper cleaning procedures and other preventive maintenance procedures
. Explain the electrophotographic operation and process used in laser printers
. Describe all major printer assemblies
. 30 hour course
. Includes Trainer . Duplex Laser Printer
. Fault Insertion & Removal Modules (FIRMS)
. Use any computer running Windows 9x, 2000
. A basic familiarity with Windows 9x, 2000 Operating System is a prerequisite
. Follow-up to or in conjunction with, the PC Systems Servicing and Troubleshooting Courses
EZS-807 Laser Printer Trainer
EB-807-40 Student Workbook
EB-807-50 Instructor Guide
PC Laser Printers Maintenance and Repair
. Acquire a basic understanding of typical PC laser printer technology.
. Partially disassemble and reassemble a typical laser printer.
. Demonstrate proper safety precautions when working on laser printers.
. Describe the electropotographic process used in laser printers.
. Demonstrate proper cleaning procedures and other preventive maintenance procedures.
. Demonstrate procedures for determining whether a given problem is the fault of the printer, computer, or software.
. Identify all major printer assemblies.
. Attain the knowledge required to answer the related questions on the A+ Certification exams.
1. Study typical laser printer operation and parts.
2. Describe laser printer communication with the PC.
3. Investigate how the computer controls a laser printer.
4. Demonstrate proper disassembly and reassembly of the laser printer.
5. Identify major laser printer components.
6. Perform proper cleaning and servicing of laser printer.
7. Observe and understand the laser printer paper path.
8. Demonstrate how to troubleshoot and service common laser printer malfunctions using two Printer Fault Insertion and Removal Modules.